This all natural washing powder recipe has to be the cheapest and best value laundry detergent around.
The Washing Powder recipe was discovered on cheapskates.com.au.
- 1 bar soap, grated
- 1 cup of Lectric Washing Soda
- ½ cup of borax
- Mix together and store in a sealed container.
- Use two level teaspoons for a front loader or small top loader washing machine and three level teaspoons for a large top loader.
Give the washing powder an extra boost if you wash really dirty or greasy clothes by adding one small box of bi-carb soda to the mix.
- This powder doesn’t bubble, you wont have suds
- Any type of soap will work for this recipe. Use laundry soap (usually the cheapest option), bathroom soap for a nice scent or simply use up left over soap you collect from your bathroom
- They grey water from your wash can be safely used on lawns
- It is safe to use your kitchen grater or processor to grate the soap, after all you wash it with detergent which is soap
- Alternatively use Lectric Washing Soda as a detergent booster. Add 1/2 cup of Lectric Washing Soda to washing machines to boost the cleaning power of all brands of detergent. It is a cheap all natural way to make every wash more powerful. Your whites will be whiter and colours brighter.